Bring meditation to the world. Guide with us.
We're looking for a select group of passionate, motivated, and dynamic people to become the next great Journey Meditation teachers! We're hosting our upcoming Teacher Training program to create another class of amazing Journey Meditation Teachers in New York! If you’re a talented, inspired teacher that desires to share meditation with the world, we’d love to speak with you!
Journey is on a mission to help all people live happier, healthier lives. We believe in the power of human connection so we're creating the world's largest meditation community, both online and off. We teach in 13 cities around the world, at organizations like Facebook, Nike, and Disney, at and through the Journey app. We're about to build the world's first live group meditation app - think Peloton for meditation - so it's a really exciting time for us!
What will I learn in training?
Journey Meditation Teacher Training is taught in two parts:
- The Foundations of Journey Meditation: Learn the essentials of our technique through an in-depth study of the four time-honored meditation practices that comprise Journey: mindfulness, awareness, contemplation, and compassion. We will cover the history of meditation, the science behind it, and its physical, emotional, and social benefits.
- The Art of Teaching: Through personal development, interactive exercises, and presentation technique, you will develop a rich and powerful teaching ability that will allow for connectivity and engagement from your students. .
Who are the teachers?
Our training programs are led by David Nichtern, an 40-Year senior meditation teacher in the lineage of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, Aaron Albert, a personal development and performance leader, and Stephen Sokoler, Journey Meditation Founder & CEO.
When is the next training?
We will be hosting training in NYC starting October 6th. Training will take place every Saturday for 6 weeks, from 9:30a - 5:30p. Upon the conclusion of training, there will be an evaluation and audition to determine if you will be hired as a Journey Meditation Teacher.
HOW MANY HOURS IS THE TRAINING?
Journey Meditation Teacher training is 100 hours. Training consists of lecture, meditation, personal development, exercises, practice, homework and community classes.
What does it cost?
We are looking for a limited number and select group of people to join this training group. If you’re accepted into the training group, Journey covers the cost of training. Acceptance into the Journey Teacher Training Program does not guarantee your employment with the company.
I'm ready. How do I apply?
Candidates who apply should consider the following qualifications:
- At least 2 years of professional teaching experience in wellness, meditation, yoga, fitness, or related field
- Eager to learn and continue professional development and education
- Open to an experience of personal growth
- Ability to teach multiple classes per week in New York City
To apply to please fill out the following form, we will reach out via email with next steps.